TPO in India
Date: December 12th, 2020 (Saturday).
- 9 AM to 11 AM
- 12 Noon to 2 PM
- 3 PM to 5 PM
* We allocate your preferred timeslot on best effort basis. Register early to get the venue and time slot of your preference. However, some of the Subject Tracks may not be available in all the time slots (details in the registration form).
Registration Fee: Rs 649 (inclusive of GST) per Subject Track (You can register for up to three tracks).
Locations: 75+ test centers
TPO in India
All you need to know about TPO 2020 format, syllabus and the kind of questions you can expect - CENTA Founder & CEO, Ramya Venkataraman explains in this 5-minute watch!
- Two-hour, multiple choice test, only one correct answer, no negative marking.
- Competencies tested are based on the CENTA Standards. Only a sub-set of competencies are tested as explained in the Syllabus document.
- Computer-based but with a very simple interface – knowledge of computers is not required.
- Four sections, totally 64 questions, 100 marks, no section-wise time limit, questions can be attempted in any order
|1||Subject Expertise: 15 questions||25|
|2||Content Development & Planning: 17 questions (subject-specific and generic)||25|
|3||Student Assessment & Remediation: 12 questions (subject-specific and generic)||20|
|4||Professional Competencies & Classroom Communication: 20 questions||30|
- 25 subject tracks options in TPO 2020
- A candidate can participate in more than one subject track (maximum of 3).
* Please note that participants are free to choose any subject/s for participating in TPO. Chosen subjects need not be the same as subjects they currently teach / practice.
The Middle (except where indicated above), Secondary and Senior Secondary School subjects are currently available only in English medium.
TPO tests a subset of competencies from the CENTA Standards.
- The test is board-agnostic and applicable for all boards (CBSE, ICSE, State Boards, IB, IGCSE, etc.). However, the topics tested in the Subject Expertise section are broadly (but not exclusively) aligned to the NCERT curriculum. This section will include questions on knowledge, conceptual understanding, application, competency and thinking skills in your chosen subject(s).
- For all other sections, the questions focus on conceptual understanding of your respective subjects and application of pedagogical techniques. Questions framed are such that they are practice-oriented. Teachers should already be familiar with most of the topics and techniques on account of their training process, interaction with their respective subject and the experience of teaching these subjects.
Please see the detailed syllabus for TPO 2020 Here.
Note: There are NO prescribed textbooks for TPO preparation.
To access Sample Questions click here.
Take the TPO Sample Quiz
TPO 2020 will have four sections covering (a) Subject Expertise, (b) Content Development & Planning, (c) Student Assessment & Remediation and (d) Professional Competencies & Classroom Communication.
Please click here to see few sample questions, across subjects and sections. For more questions and analusis of selected questions, please signin MyCENTA (at m.centa.org). Please check it on mobile for better experience.
All you need to know about TPO format, syllabus and the kind of questions you can expect - CENTA Founder & CEO, Ramya Venkataraman explains in this 5-minute watch!
TPO 2020 - Ranks & Prizes in India
Ranks & Prizes will be announced shortly