Case Study: Andhra Pradesh Resource personnel selection by AP SCERT
SCERT, Andhra Pradesh wanted to select 3500 Resource personnel through a systematic and objective selection process. SCERT, AP collaborated with CENTA® for this purpose, which included a two stage process including Stage 1: State level Computer Based Test (CBT) developed by CENTA® and Stage 2: A Micro-Credential of the choice of the candidate, CENTA® supports Andhra Pradesh SCERT in developing a pool of self-motivated competent Resource personnel.
CENTA® is supporting the initiative by:
- Identifying competencies relevant for various training, capacity building and content development roles.
- Developing competency-based, objective assessments in English and Telugu for multiple subject-grade combinations at Primary and Middle School levels.
- Providing robust data analysis for the Computer Based Test.
- Certifying teachers in one of the six areas of specialisation through CENTA® Micro-Credentials: Subject Expertise, Content Development and Planning, Student Assessments and Remediation, Classroom Communication, Professional Competencies and Technology in Education.
Unique features of this initiative:
- Pioneering project in India introducing competency based selection of Resource Personnel. 3500 resource persons have been selected.
- Andhra Pradesh adopted CENTA® Standards (an internationally recognized framework of teacher competencies). CENTA was selected based on its unique work on teaching competencies and teacher assessments as well as its experience of working with various government entities.
- Specific incentives and professional development opportunities announced for selected RPs by the department.
- More than 12000 teachers registered for the test (voluntarily) across 26 subject-grade combinations. The test was held on September 22nd at 13 district-level test centres.