Welcome to the privacy notice of Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Private Limited.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.centa.org and www.tpo-india.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Private Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our websites and register for MyCENTA, the Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad or CENTA Certification/Micro-Credentials (regardless of where you visit it from).
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address and contact number.
- Demographic Data includes city of residence, state of residence, country of residence, work experience and academic details.
- Transaction Data includes details about the fee received from you towards the registration for Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad/CENTA Certification/CENTA Micro-Credentials. Please note that we do not save your billing details (credit card/debit card/netbanking preferences)
- Profile Data includes your username and password, registrations done by you, your preferred test tracks, feedback and survey responses.
- Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving communication from us.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions - You may give us your Identity, Contact and other Data by filling in registration forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email, WhatsApp, social media or otherwise.
- Indirect interactions – Your school/organization might share your Identity, Contact and other Data while filling in the registration forms on your behalf.
How we use your personal data
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is required to perform actions pertaining to your registration including but not limited to generating hall tickets, generating your performance reports, creating winner certificates in case you happen to be a rank holder.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Disclosures of your personal data
- Information provided by candidates for the purpose of registration will be contained behind secured systems and accessible only by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Contact details may be shared only with the partners/sponsors for the purpose of them providing information or educational materials.
- Submissions made by the candidate towards the CENTA Certification/Micro-Credentials (e.g. lesson plans, classroom videos) will be contained in similar secured systems and only assessors for the Certification will have access to these, and only for the limited duration of the assessment.
We may have to share your data with third parties with whom we have or want to build a strategic relationship with. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.