Welcome to the privacy notice of Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA®) Private Limited. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.centa.org and m.centa.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA®) Private Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our websites and register for MyCENTA, the CENTA® TQ (Teaching Quotient), CENTA® TPO (Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad) or CENTA® Micro-Credentials (regardless of where you visit it from).
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes name, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address and contact number.
- Demographic Data includes city of residence, state of residence, country of residence, work experience and academic details.
- Transaction Data includes details about the fee received from you towards the registration for CENTA® TQ (Teaching Quotient)/ CENTA® TPO (Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad) / CENTA® Certification/CENTA® Micro-Credentials. Please note that we do not save your billing details (credit card/debit card/netbanking preferences)
- Profile Data includes your username and password, registrations done by you, your preferred test tracks, feedback and survey responses.
- Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving communication from us.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity, Contact and other Data by filling in registration forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email, WhatsApp, social media or otherwise.
- Indirect interactions – Your school/organization might share your Identity, Contact and other Data while filling in the registration forms on your behalf.
How we use your personal data
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is required to perform actions pertaining to your registration including but not limited to generating hall tickets, generating your performance reports, creating winner certificates in case you happen to be a rank holder.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Disclosures of your personal data
- Information provided by candidates for the purpose of registration will be contained behind secured systems and accessible only by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- Contact details may be used by CENTA® for limited outreach/marketing purposes including sharing information about other initiatives, sending educational materials etc.
- Submissions made by the candidate towards the CENTA® Certification/ Micro-Credentials (e.g. lesson plans, classroom videos) will be contained in similar secured systems and only assessors for the Certification will have access to these, and only for the limited duration of the assessment.
When we share your data with third parties for specific operational purposes (e.g. hall ticket generation, conduct of a test), we do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
A. Accessing and Rectifying your personal information
When you use the CENTA Website/ MyCENTA web app, we make good faith efforts to provide you, as and when requested by you, with access to your personal information and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible.
B. Data Portability
You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format; wherever feasible.
C. Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for us to provide services to you or you ask us to not retain your data. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your MyCENTA account. Please note that if you request for the erasure of your personal information;
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others may continue to be publicly visible, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
Your request will be processed and you will receive confirmation of the same via email. Please note that if you have multiple accounts with us on MyCENTA, then you will have to raise separate requests for each of the accounts, along with the associated email IDs or phone numbers.
D. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
You can write to us in case of any grievance or compliance at the support e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org). You have the right to complain about the data processing activities carried out by Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Pvt. Ltd before the competent data protection authorities.
F. Objection to Processing
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes or any contests or promotions or other services, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If the collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision on whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at the below mentioned e-mail address.
We may take 15 days from the date of receipt of your request to complete your requests.
The CENTA Website and the MyCENTA app are not intentionally designed for or directed at persons less than 18 years of age. CENTA Pvt. Ltd. does not knowingly permit any person who is under 18 years of age to register with the services or to provide any other personally-identifying information. If CENTA becomes aware that any personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected without verified parental consent, then CENTA will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information and notify the parent. However, we consider it the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s use of our services. Nevertheless, it is our policy not to collect and process any personal information from children below 18 years of age or offer to send any promotional materials to persons in that category. CENTA does not seek or intend to seek or receive any personal information from children. Should a parent or guardian have reasons to believe that a minor has provided CENTA with personal information without their prior consent, please contact our customer support team at email@example.com to ensure that the personal information is removed.
Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored, or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
Security and Compliance with Laws
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your MyCENTA account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team (via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Changes in the Policy