This program involves (a) Training Course and (b) Certification. You can opt for either Training or Certification or both.
The training comprises of three live webinars and practical exercises through pre-reading materials and post-webinar exercise.
- Workshop 1:Effective Online Teaching
- Workshop 2: Lesson Planning and Classroom Communication in Online Teaching
- Workshop 3: Student Assessment and Remediation in Online Teaching
Each Workshop will be for two hours from 5 pm to 7 pm on the respective dates and will involve about 1.5 hours total of pre-reading materials and post-webinar exercise.
The batches for this Program are running every month. The next batch is starting on 4th June 2021. Please see the 'Schedule' section for more details.
This section details the agenda of each for the three workshops included in the course. The competencies covered are drawn from Level 1 of CENTA® Standards.
Record of completing certification - if you participate throughout the program & appear for the tests.
|Modules and Contents
|Workshop 1: Effective Online Teaching
- Forms of Remote Teaching: Live vs. asynchronous, different forms of each, requirements for different forms (e.g. high-speed internet need, device, etc.)
- Common Tools for live video, assignments, assessment, class involvement etc. - Pros and Cons of tools, Privacy Norms and Student Protection
- Practice Online Teaching Tools: How to use the common tools, typical issues in usage and how to deal with them
- Hands-on facilitated practice of your own online teaching techniques
|Workshop 2: Lesson Planning and Classroom Communication
How to Plan and Structure Online/Remote Teaching Lessons: Keeping all students involved – different forms of involvement
Curated Sample Lessons including comments on what works/potential issues
Hands-on facilitated practice of your own online lessons
|Workshop 3: Student Assessment and Remediation
- How to Assess Students in Online Teaching
- Formative vs. High Stakes Assessments
- Common Approaches for ongoing Formative Assessment: Assignments, pros and cons of each (including student constraints)
- Curated Sample Lessons including comments on what works/potential issues
- Hands-on facilitated practice of your own student assessments
CENTA® Certification in Online Teaching involves the following assessments:
Part 1: CENTA® Teaching Quotient (TQ)
- A 120-minute online test of Level 1 competencies of CENTA® Standards
- 50 Multiple Choice questions (worth 75 marks) and 2 Video submissions (worth 25 marks)
- Subject Understanding (40 marks), Understanding of Teaching or Pedagogical Practices (30 marks) and Communication Skills (30 marks)
Part 2 & 3: Test with video submission related to Online Teaching competencies
Each test would be conducted as per the schedule provided in the 'Schedule' section.
- Digital Badge & Certificate - if you score more than 50% score in each section of the three tests mentioned above. Click here to see the sample certificate.
- Distinction Certificate with a digital badge - if you score above 65% score in each section of each part of the tests.
The schedule of the batch is mentioned below. If the date does not suit you- we have batches running every month.
The May batch has already started.
||Workshop 1: 4th June 2021
Workshop 2: 8th June 2021
Workshop 3: 11th June 2021
||Workshop 1: 9th July 2021
Workshop 2: 13th July 2021
Workshop 3: 16th July 2021
Dates for future batches will be updated regularly.