OUP India partners with CENTA | Financial Express | November 5, 2018CENTA’s founder and CEO Ramya Venkataraman added, “We are excited to continue this partnership with OUP India this year. The core idea of CENTA TPO is to recognise and reward outstanding teachers in the country and, more importantly, motivate individual ownership of teachers’ professional. This partnership and the prizes sponsored by OUP helps TPO achieve this objective, bringing highly-relevant and sought-after training opportunities for the winning teachers.”Read more in Financial Express.
Oxford University Press, CENTA join hands for Teaching Professionals' Olympiad | Business Standard | November 3, 2018Teaching Professionals' Olympiad, a national competition for teachers, will be held in December in 46 cities in India and also in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. In a statement, OUP India said it will sponsor the top two winners of TPO 2018 English tracks (Middle School and Secondary/Senior Secondary) to attend the two-week Oxford English Language Teachers' Academy Masterclass at the University of Oxford.Read more in Business Standard.
Oxford University Press partners with CENTA | United News of India (UNI) | November 2, 2018World’s largest university press Oxford University Press (OUP) has partnered with Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) for the 4th edition of CENTA’s flagship initiative, Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) 2018.Read more in UNI.
Oxford University Press partners with CENTA for Teaching Professionals Olympiad | Education World | November 1, 2018Oxford University Press (OUP) India will sponsor the top two winners of TPO 2018 English tracks (Middle School and Secondary/Senior Secondary) to attend the two-week Oxford English Language Teachers’ Academy Masterclass at the University of Oxford, UK.Read more in Education World.
Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad 2018 on Dec 8 | Education Times | October 31, 2018OUP India will financially help top two winners of TPO 2018 English tracks (middle school and secondary/senior secondary) to attend the two-week Oxford English Language Teachers’ Academy Masterclass at the University of Oxford, UK.Read more in Education Times.
Oxford University Press India partners with CENTA for Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad 2018 | India Education Diary | October 31, 2018Speaking about OUP’s association with CENTA, Sivaramakrishnan Venkateswaran, Managing Director, Oxford University Press India said, “OUP firmly believes that the teacher is the principle pivot in the teaching-learning eco-system. OUP’s continued support to the CENTA organized Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO), is testimony to its long-term commitment to the professional development of teachers.Read more in India Education Diary.
Oxford University Press India partners with CENTA for Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad 2018 | The Statesman | October 31, 2018This year, TPO is available in 21 subject tracks (up from 14 last year) across Primary, Middle, Secondary, and Senior Secondary school levels.Read more in The Statesman.
Reliance Foundation Teacher Awards to be given to 1000 winners of CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad 2018 (TPO) including five of Rs 1 lakh each | The Hindu | October 30, 2018
School heads discuss certification for teachers | The Hindu | October 6, 2018Representatives of 15 schools took part in a discussion regarding certification for teachers and steps to achieve competency in training and recruitment, at a meeting hosted by the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA), Bengaluru, here in Madurai on Thursday. Read more in The Hindu.
Meet discusses ways to find the right teachers | Times of India | October 5, 2018Conceptual understanding of subject topics and their application in real life, bringing to practice the theories taught in B.Ed course, as well as communication skills are the basic qualities expected of aspiring teachers by top city schools. But only a few satisfy these requirements, says Ramya Venkataraman of CENTA. Read more in Times of India.
CENTA'S Certification test for teachers | The New Indian Express | October 5, 2018Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA), bringing together the principals of leading schools in the city, launched its teacher certification test, Teaching Quotient in Madurai on Thursday. Ramya Venkataraman, founder and CEO of CENTA, said that the 100-mark teacher certification test is best suited for fresh B.Ed graduates.Read more in The New Indian Express.
Study shows teachers score 35% in subject expertise | Times of India | October 3, 2018Teachers need to work on their subject expertise, according to findings of a study by the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) based on rge Teaching Professionals' Olympiad (TPO) held every year. Read more in Times of India.
Teaching Professionals Olympiad 2018 on December 8 | Vijay Karnataka | September 28, 2018Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) to conduct Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) 2018 on December 8.Read more in Vijay Karnataka.
On December 8, Teaching Professionals Olympiad 2018 | Vartha Bharati | September 27, 2018For the first time, Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) 2018 to be held in Kannada medium for Kannada teachers, in Bangalore, Mysore and Belgaum. Read more in Vartha Bharati.
Teaching Professionals Olympiad 2018 | Education World | September 27, 2018The Bangalore-based Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) launched its Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) 2018 — a computer-based national test to be voluntarily taken by teachers, educationists and aspiring teachers — in Karnataka with 16 subjects in English and primary subjects in Kannada. Read more in Education World.
Teachers Olympiad to be in Kannada now | Bangalore Mirror | September 26, 2018Karnataka Department of primary and secondary education wants more school teachers to volunteer for CENTA-administered test.Read more in Bangalore Mirror.
In celebration of teachers | The Hindu In School | September 25, 2018TPO has made me more enthusiastic about developing my teaching skills,” says Elavarasi Raja, teacher at Panchayat Union Primary School Chengalpattu, Kanchipuram.Read more in The Hindu In School..
Olympiad for teachers on December | The Hindu | September 21, 2018The fourth edition of the CENTA Teaching Professionals Olympiad (TPO) 2018, a national competition to recognise and reward teachers, will be held on December 8 in 45 cities across the country. Read more in The Hindu.
Teachers, are you CENTA certified? Give the Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad to find out | The New Indian Express | September 19, 2018Dear teachers, sign up for CENTA's TPO 2018 exam to update yourself with the latest skills and knowledge. Read more in The New Indian Express.
- Contest for teachers in December | The Telegraph | June 29, 2018Teachers, who are traditionally bestowed with the role of motivators, can sometimes do with some motivation themselves. This is what the CENTA Teaching Professionals' Olympiad, a national-level competition for teachers in the country, has been aiming to achieve since 2015. Read more in The Telegraph.
- Rewarding teaching careers is crucial for quality education | The Progressive School | April-June 2018 issueWhere few in India have entered before, CENTA has not only made a foray but quickly established itself – with its market-driven model of teacher accreditation. CENTA’s approach which is rooted in the conviction that the most important determinant for improving education is positive recognition, rewards and opportunities for teachers, is set to change the face of teacher certification. Read more in The Progressive
- Teacher from Kochi wins teaching Olympiad, to undergo crash course at Oxford Uty | Matrubhumi | April 11, 2018Manoj Pillai, a teacher in Kochi, won a two-week classroom course at the University of Oxford by topping a teaching professionals' Olympiad.Read more in Matrubhumi.
- Oxford University Press India to send Teaching Professionals Olympiad winners to the University of Oxford, UK | MENAFN | April 10, 2018"We are delighted to sponsor the top rankers of the English Challenger track to world-class professional development programmes for teachers, including one at the University of Oxford, UK," said Mr. Sivaramakrishnan V, Managing Director, Oxford University Press India. Read more in MENAFN.
- Two teachers bag two-week masterclass at Oxford | Business Standard | April 9, 2018The winners of the English Challenger track are Nandini Shah, a teacher at the Oberoi International School, Mumbai and Manoj Pillai, another teacher from Kochi. Both will have a chance to undergo real life Oxford experience by living in student accommodation at the Worcester College.Read more in Business Standard.
- Meet the principal from Hyderabad who has topped an exam for teachers | The New Indian Express | February 14, 2018The principal of Focus High School, Minhaj Arastu, topped CENTA's TPO exam. So we talk to him about education and more. Read article Read more in The New Indian Express.
- Assam teachers shine at national-level meet | Times of India | February 5, 2018Schools from the state have shone in the National Top 500 at the third edition of the Centre for Teacher Accreditation's (CENTA) Teaching Professionals' Olympiad (TPO) 2017. Read more in Times of India.
- 18 NE teachers win Olympiad | The Telegraph | February 2, 2018As a principal, I feel that this recognition is going to provide me with a powerful tool for assessing the professional competence of the teachers," Regional Topper, Mitra Som Saha said. Read more in The Telegraph.
- BEd students take up MOOCs, new programmes and workshops to stay updated | Hindustan Times | January 27, 2018...a CENTA certificate already ensures that a teacher’s application will be granted priority in institutions run by education companies such as Podar and GEMS." Click to read the article in Hindustan Times.
- Market forces can be powerful in driving social change | India Development Review | January 17,2018While top-down initiatives, supported by funds and policies, have traditionally helped drive social change, social entrepreneurs are increasingly trying to use market forces as an effective way to bring about change. CENTA Founder & CEO, Ramya Venkataraman on how CENTA is working to catalyse improvement in teacher competencies and therefore student learning outcomes, in a market-driven manner, in India Development Review. Click to read the article.
- Tutors shine at Olympiad 2017 | The Telegraph | December 29,2017The well thought out and researched questionnaire of Centa TPO provides a litmus test for in-service teachers. The performance at TPO can be used as a tool for qualitative assessment of the individual's skills," said Ms. Mitra S. Saha, principal of St Vivekananda English Academy in Guwahati, who participated in TPO 2017 along with her teachers.Click to read the article.
- 8000 take the CENTA Olympiad 2017 | The Hindu | December 11,2017Constructive feedback as motivation was necessary for overall professional development, said teachers who took up the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) Teachers’ Professional Olympiad (TPO) on Saturday. Click to read the article
- ‘Dell Aarambh’ partners CENTA to empower teachers | The Hills Times | November 9, 2017Dell in India on Wednesday announced its partnership with Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA), expanding the reach of Dell Aarambh – a pan India, PC for education initiative – to CENTA’s growing community of 15,000 teachers in over 500+schools. Click to read the article
- Oxford University Press partners with CENTA for the Teaching Professionals Olympiad | MENAFN | October 6, 2017Oxford University Press India has partnered with the Centre for Teacher Accreditation (CENTA) for the Teaching Professionals Olympiad (TPO), a first-of-its-kind national competition to reward, recognize and celebrate teachers. Click to read the article
- CENTA TPO gives key insights for teacher professional development | The Hindu | October 4, 2017
- CENTA Teaching Professionals' Olympiad provides key insights for teacher professional development, The Hindu reports. Click to read the article.
- The Hindu quotes CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad teacher performance analysis that suggests the need to focus on common technology tools for teacher professional development. Click to read the article.
- 'Motivating the Motivator' | Deccan Herald | September 20,2017CENTA founder and CEO, Ramya Venkataraman talks about ‘motivating the motivator’ in Deccan Herald. Click to read the article
- 'Why market-driven teacher certification is the need of the hour' | Entrepreneur India | September 20,2017Ramya Venkataraman, CENTA founder and CEO, talks to Entrepreneur India about why market-driven teacher certification is the need of the hour. Click to read the article.
- Calling teachers countrywide | The Hindu In School | September 1, 2017CENTA’s Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad TPO 2017 will be held on December 9, 2017, with test centres in 28 cities across India as well as a centre in Dubai. Click to read the article.
- CENTA to conduct 2nd Teaching Professional’s Olympiad on December 3 | The Indian Express | September 22, 2016The Olympiad will be held in 22 cities across the country to enable maximum participation by teachers and schools. Click to read the article.
- India education: Gap in quality between government and public schools is troubling | The National | September 17, 2016Government schools suffer from poor facilities while private schools enjoy expansive benefits. In between, India's education sector has great potential to grow through various forms of investment. Click to read the article.