The Post Graduate Certificate Program is offered by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and CENTA®. The program will
- help current teachers adapt to new teaching norms as well as help aspiring teachers to rapidly gain relevant skills to succeed.
- allow trendsetting teachers and aspirants to incorporate e-learning and e-training into their teaching methodologies and evolve from the traditional way of teaching.
Batch 1 of The Post Graduate Certificate Program being offered by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and CENTA® started on October 5, 2020. Registrations for the second batch are open. The batch will start on December 19th, 2020.
Who can Apply?
This holistic program is recommended for everyone in the teaching profession or is interested in a career in teaching. You could enroll in this program if you are:
- An entry-level teacher with higher aspirations than average
- A candidate who has Ed. qualifications and/or teaching experience with a career break and wants to rejoin
- A candidate with a corporate career who wants to switch to the teaching profession
- A mid-career teacher looking for global opportunities
- A teacher looking for an international move/placement
- An entrepreneur who is looking at exploring the opportunities in this space
- Anyone interested in getting into the EdTech domain/working as a part-time faculty for new-age companies
What will the course focus upon?
The average commitment would be around 14 hours per week. This will include online instructor led sessions, tutorials and practicals. There will be a Capstone Project as well.
This Program Opens Up Infinite Teaching Opportunities Across ICSE, CBSE, IB & Cambridge Schools. Here are some of the schools participating in the CENTA-MAHE® Career Fair
Fee and Eligibility Criteria
The fee for the program is INR 85000 + GST. You have the option to avail:
a) Tranche payment
b) Interest free EMI
To be eligible for the Postgraduate Certificate Program in Teaching for the Future (PGCP-Teaching), a candidate must have successfully completed Graduation with 50% marks.
What does it take to build a successful global teaching career?
We will soon be launching Post Graduate Certificate Program for School Leadership. It will be relevant for:
- Current principals/vice-principals/co-ordinators who want to upskill themselves
- Senior teachers likely to move to a coordinator / principal / managerial role
- Professionals from other domains who aspire to move into leadership roles in schools
If you would like us to share more details of the Program when it is launched, please fill this form.
“CENTA® Standards is a well-defined and comprehensive framework of teaching competencies and CENTA’s assessments measure the competencies of a teacher very well. I am glad to see a reputed university like Manipal now partnering with CENTA® to create high quality Post Graduate Certificate Programmes in teaching as well as school leadership – these are much needed for our education system.”Naga Padmaja Geddam, Director, Crossword School, Guntur
“Many of the current teacher preparation programmes tend to be more theoretical in nature and also not up to date. I am very excited to note that Manipal and CENTA® are collaborating to bring out a Post Graduate Certificate Programmes in teaching that will cover pedagogical methods in the context of the subject, student assessment, classroom communication and other practically needed competencies for a teacher. Further, dedicated programmes for school leadership hardly exist. I hope the programme in school leadership will cover instructional leadership as well as other roles of a principal such as managing stakeholders, leading the team, etc.”Asha Narayanan, Principal, Lodha World School, Thane