After 5 years in India and UAE, CENTA® TPO now goes global and ONLINE! So you can take CENTA® TPO 2020 from the comfort of your home!
CENTA® TPO 2020 is a two-stage competition:
- Prelims: 90-minute online MCQ-based (Multiple Choice Questions) test which can be taken anytime, anywhere!
- Finals: January, 2021 – again online.
The top 5000 scorers from the prelims will be invited for the finals.
Benefits of CENTA® TPO
- As always, exciting & prestigious rewards and recognition for rank-holders.
- Digital badge for everyone who scores more than 50% in the prelims (even if one is not selected for the Finals).
- Fully confidential, personal scorecard for each participant – available only through individual login; individual candidates can decide who they want to share their scores with.
- Fun way to assess competencies while competing with the best.
Special prizes for CENTA® TPO 2020
Eligibility for CENTA® TPO 2020
- Anyone who is 18 years of age and is a graduate – The competition is especially for teachers but anyone who is interested in education is welcome.
- Top 5000 candidates from CENTA TPO Prelims (Open between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020) will be shortlisted for the Finals.
- All candidates who are shortlisted for the Finals will receive an email/ SMS with their invite for the Finals in January, 2021.
Fees for CENTA® TPO 2020
- The fee for CENTA® TPO 2020 is INR 1500 per subject track. There is NO additional fee for the finals.
- We are offering a discounted fee of INR 1000 per track for the month of October.
- A candidate can be invited for up to three subject tracks (if he/ she has taken up to three tracks in CENTA® TPO prelims)
Format of CENTA® TPO 2020– Prelims
- Available in 16 subject tracks – you can take the test in any track of your choice
- You can take the test anytime, anywhere based on your preference
- Need a computer with webcam, microphone and stable internet connection
- Test duration: 90 minutes
- Test design:
- 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Only one correct answer per question
- No negative marking
- 3 sections: Subject Understanding (50 marks), Teaching or Pedagogical Practices (25 marks), Communication (25 marks)
- Questions can be attempted in any order; no section-wise time limit.
- CENTA tests are acclaimed by several teachers and school leaders to be highly practice-oriented even in MCQ format!
- Applicable for all school boards – topics used in the Subject Understanding section are mostly common topics for that grade level, across boards.
Format for CENTA® TPO finals: Click here
Subjects for CENTA® TPO 2020
CENTA® TPO 2020 will be available in 16 subject tracks.
Primary (Grades I-V)
- Language, Mathematics & EVS (in Hindi medium)
- Language, Mathematics & EVS (in Telugu medium)
Secondary School (Grades IX-X)
Middle School (Grades VI-VIII)
Senior Secondary School (Grades XI-XII)
Common track across grades: Computer Science
Click on the subject to view the detailed syllabus
- Please visit MyCENTA to access Sample questions, with analysis to help you understand the rationale of correct vs incorrect options better.
- Watch this webinar: The Art and Science of Answering CENTA TPO Questions
Click here to see the complete list of CENTA TPO 2019 winners.