This program involves (a) Training Course and (b) Certification. You can opt for either Training or Certification or both.
The training comprises of three live webinars and practical exercises through pre-/post- work.
- Workshop 1: Basics of Effective Lesson Planning - Principle and Components
- Workshop 2: Pedagogical Content Knowledge - Methods and resources
- Workshop 3: Differentiation & Role of Technology in Lesson Planning
Each Workshop will be for two hours from 5 pm to 7 pm on the respective dates and will involve about 1.5 hours of pre & post work.
The batches for this Program are running every month. The next batch is starting on 15th June 2021. Please see the 'Schedule' section for more details.
This section details the agenda of each for the three webinars included in the course. The competencies covered are drawn from Level 1 of CENTA® Standards.
Record of completing certification - if you participate throughout the program & appear for the tests.
|Modules and Contents
|Workshop 1: Basics of Effective Lesson Planning - Principle and Components (CD.1)
- Backward Design Principle (GAP): How GAP is the principle using which effective lesson plans are created.
- Main Components of an Effective Lesson Plan: What they are, how to design each of them and a framework to create some of these components.
- Effective Learning Objectives: Understanding and creating effective learning objectives using Bloom’s Taxonomy.
|Workshop 2: Pedagogical Content Knowledge - Methods and resources (CD.2, CD.3)
- Pedagogical Sequence: What is pedagogical sequencing with examples and non-examples; identify how to do pedagogical sequencing within a lesson/topic and across lessons/topics.
- Pedagogical Methods and Resources: Introduce different pedagogical approaches to teach in a classroom.
- Strategies for pedagogical methods: Choose different strategies to improve pedagogical practices in class.
- Create/modify different components of a lesson plan.
- Curated sample lessons including comments on what works/potential issues.
- The hands-on facilitated practice of your own lesson plans
|Workshop 3: Differentiation & Role of Technology in Lesson Planning (CD.2, CD.3, TE.1)
- Differentiation: What is differentiation and why is it important.
- Different ways to differentiate: How to differentiate for pedagogical methods and resources, examples for each.
- Role of Technology in Lesson Planning: How technology can be used to enhance teaching practices - Blended Learning.
- Technology to create pedagogical resources: How to adapt existing resources, create new resources and many examples of simple technology tools.
- Create a differentiated activity using one of the differentiation methods.
- Adapt existing lesson plan to include technology tools and hands-on facilitated practice.
CENTA® Certification in Content Development and Planning involves the following assessments:
Part 1: CENTA® Teaching Quotient (TQ)
- A 120-minute online test of Level 1 competencies of CENTA® Standards
- 50 Multiple Choice questions (worth 75 marks) and 2 Video submissions (worth 25 marks)
- Subject Understanding (40 marks), Understanding of Teaching or Pedagogical Practices (30 marks) and Communication Skills (30 marks)
Part 2 & 3: Test with subjective questions and submissions related to Content Development and Planning competencies
Each test would be conducted as per the schedule provided in the 'Schedule' section.
- Digital Badge & Certificate - if you score more than 50% score in each section of the three tests mentioned above. Click here to see the sample certificate.
- Distinction Certificate with a digital badge - if you score above 65% score in each section of each part of the tests.
The schedule of the batch is mentioned below. If the date does not suit you- we have batches running every month.
||Workshop 1: 15th June 2021
Workshop 2: 18th June 2021
Workshop 3: 22nd June 2021
||Workshop 1: 17th August 2021
Workshop 2: 20th August 2021
Workshop 3: 24nd August 2021
Dates for future batches will be updated regularly.